My original recipe on here is a tofu quiche. That is pretty amazing, but I thought - wouldn't this recipe be so much better with VeganEgg? Well, it is! It's the best quiche ever. The two of us at this in ONE day. Play around with the ingredients you like, but stick with the proportions and you will have a beautiful French dish in about an hour.
2 TB Earth Balance
1 chopped yellow onion
2 garlic cloves minced
2 Field Roast Italian sausages chopped into 1/2" cubes
4 FYH VeganEggs (8 tablespoons powder / 2 cups cold water)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 TB nutritional yeast
1 tsp Herbes de Provence (to make it OG French)
1 cup chopped broccoli and florets
1/2 cup Follow Your Heart mozzarella cheese shreds
1 whole wheat vegan pastry shell
0. Pre-heat the oven to 425 F.
1. Melt the Earth Balance in a skilled on medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook down for a few minutes. Add the garlic and chopped sausage. Once the sausage is browned, remove from the heat.
2. Beat the VeganEgg together, then add the milk and spices. Once that is mixed, mix in the broccoli, cheese, and sausage mixture.
3. Pour the mix into the pasty shell and place in the oven. Cook for 1 hour. To make sure the quiche is done, poke a knife through the middle. When it's done, the knife shouldn't take a bunch of goopy quicheness out of it. If it does, keep cooking.
4. Let it cool for 15 minutes. It's also good cold, so place it in the fridge and eat it the next day.